Are You Living With Grief?
Loss and grief are two normal and recurring themes throughout the life cycle. Grief is a natural reaction to loss and enables us to cope. Each loss is unique and needs differ for each individual during grief. Hospice of Helping Hands offers a variety of support services to meet individual, family, and community circumstances.
The following services are offered free-of-charge:
- Grief and Loss mailing series at regular intervals
- Telephone support at regular intervals
- Grief and Loss counseling with needs assessment and referrals
- Grief support groups
- Memorial Services
- Resources such as books, brochures, handouts and videos
- Camp Warm Hearts - Family Day Camp
- Community education
Bereaved families and friends of Hospice of Helping Hands’ patients are provided with contact and support by qualified staff for 13 months after the patient’s death.
**Short-term grief and loss counseling is available free-of-charge for community members unless more intense services are identified. If more intense services are identified, a referral will be made to a more appropriate agency.
It is important to remember that support is available, and you do not have to go through this time alone.