Surgical Services at West Branch Regional Medical Center
Specialized surgical programs designed to fit every medical need.
Having to undergo a surgical procedure is a frightening event, whether you are the patient or a family member. Rest assured that the professional surgeons at West Branch Regional Medical Center have your best interests in mind, in regards to your health and state-of-mind both before and after surgery.
The compassionate surgeons at West Branch understand that surgery is worrisome, and minimally invasive surgical techniques are offered where possible for qualified patients. However, sometimes major surgery is necessary to maintain stability and increase recovery.
West Branch Regional Medical Center offers a variety of specialized surgical services, in addition to the standard general surgery procedures available.
General Surgical services at West Branch Regional Medical Center include, but are not limited to:
- Ultrasound-guided minimally invasive breast biopsy – Minor surgical procedure to sample potentially unhealthy cells.
- Laparoscopic approaches to cholecystectomy – Minimally invasive surgery to remove the gall bladder.
- Laparoscopic and Open Appendectomy - The surgical removal of the appendix. This is typically an emergency procedure.
- Masectomy – The surgical removal of one or both breasts, typically in response to breast cancer.
- Diagnostic and Therapeutic Bronchoscopy – Surgical technique to visualize the inside of patient airways.
- Permanent and Temporary Dialysis – Removal of excess waste or water from the bloodstream.
- Sentinel Node Axillary Biopsy - Using a radioactive tracer to find the sentinel node in attempts to conserve axillary lymph nodes.
- Hernia Repair Bowel Resection
- Opthamology - Cataracts and blepheralplasty.
- Endoscopic Cyclophotocoagulation (ECP) - A minimally invasive method of treating glaucoma.
In addition to these general surgery procedures offered at West Branch, our professional team is available for specialty procedures related to orthopedic medicine, ophthalmology, neurology and gynecology. No matter your ailment, West Branch Regional Medical Center is ready to help you professionally and emotionally.