We Are Always Looking for Special Volunteers at Hospice of Helping Hands...we would love to have you on our team!
Volunteers give as much time as they are able to. Some volunteers contribute several hours a week and some volunteer for a couple events a year. Don't hesitate to volunteer because you don't think you will be able to give enough time. Whatever time you have to give is a gift to us, our patients and their families. We gladly accept your gift!
Below is an outline for the different volunteer opportunities at Hospice of Helping Hands, Inc., and the kind of duties that they entail.
Patient Care Volunteers may...
- Provide respite care "a break" for families
- Provide companionship to a patient/family
- Sit vigil with a dying patient
- Perform lawn services
- Snow removal
- Run errands for families
Veteran to Veteran Volunteers may...
- Assist Veterans in reminiscing/telling life stories.
- Take part in pinning ceremonies or distribute
certificates for Veterans Day and other recognition events.
Spiritual Care Volunteers may...
- Make spiritual care visits as requested by patient/family
- Pray with a patient
- Listen to a patient's/family's concerns
Bereavement Volunteers may...
- Assist with Camp Warm Hearts Family Grief/Healing Camp
- Make phone calls or visits to bereaved families
- Help prepare bereavement mailings
- Assist with the planning of memorial services
- Assist with Adult and Childrens Support Groups
Other Volunteers may... work in the office, answer phones, file, organize fundraisers, bake cookies, sell raffle tickets, work as handymen/women, and so much more....what are your interests and we are sure to match you with the right position to utilize your skills?
To learn more about becoming a volunteer, call the Hospice of Helping Hands Volunteer Coordinator at 800-992-6592 or 989-345-4700.