- Hospice Services
- Hospice FAQ
- Veteran Hospice Care
- Why Choose HOHH
- About HOHH
- Board of Directors
- Meet the Hospice Team
- When Is It Time?
- Caring for Someone
- Living With Illness?
- Hospice of Helping Hands
- Volunteer Reporting
Why Choose Hospice of Helping Hands?
Many do not realize that there are multiple hospice providers in their area. Even fewer realize that they have a choice when it comes to who will provide their loved one with hospice care. Such a personal and private decision should not be taken lightly. We encourage your family to call a couple of the hospice care providers in your area to ask questions and set up informational visits. During these phone calls and visits, keep in mind that not all hospice care is the same.
While all hospices must operate under the same Medicare guidelines and State regulations, there are some characteristics that differentiate hospice programs. Also, it is important to note that if a family is not satisfied with their hospice provider, they do have the choice to switch to a different hospice provider.
Some of the primary reasons to choose Hospice of Helping Hands as your hospice of choice:
- · We are a grass-roots hospice, started in 1979 by a group of volunteers from the community who saw a need for hospice in Northeast Michigan.
- We are a non-profit hospice.
- For those in the community unable to attain health care coverage, Hospice of Helping Hands has a process in place to assist them.
- We provide free bereavement services to the community – even if they have no ties
to our hospice program.
- We offer a free summer family grief camp – Camp Warm Hearts
- We are CHAP accredited (Community Health Accreditation Program.)
- We specialize in veteran hospice care and we were the first hospice program in the
State of Michigan to attain level four of the “We Honor Veterans” program.